The artist in residency program in Berlin offers to international professional movement, media & interdisciplinary artists the possibility to work and be part of a peaceful artist run performance space in Berlin, Germany. The artists will enjoy the Lake Studios Berlin, a unique creative working space with a fast connection into the exciting center of Berlin. The quiet beauty of Müggelsee lake and a forest is only a 5 minute walk away - for in depth concentration on research, creative process and refreshing swims in summer months. The resident artist will have access to a private room and access to dance studios with wooden sprung floors. Lake Studios Berlin is primarily a working space for up to 10 diverse movement artists immersed in their work and practice. It is an experience of collaborative living and creation, and the resident will have the opportunity of artistic exchange as well as access to inside information about the dance scene in Berlin.
This is a self generated artist residency and it is is conceived as an independent collaboration between dance-tech and Lake Studios Berlin as a way to facilitate alternative and affordable spaces for independent artists and creative researchers.
Artists will need to pay a residency fee between 600€ - 900€ per month depending on the needs for space. Invitation letters for funding purposes are available after acceptance.
The artist residency fee includes:
- 80 hours of pre-booked studio space per month, divided equally between the large and small Studios, tech lab, and outside studio, as well as private room/office for personal use. Additional studio time may be booked spontaneously based upon availability.
- Possibility to organize work-in-progress showings. Participation in Unfinished Fridays our work in progress performance series may also be possible after review of the application.
- Possibility to take part in and or lead our morning training exchange classes 3 times weekly.
- Possibility to blog about their process on www.lakestudiosberlin.blog for the months of the residency
- One extra person may be accommodated as part of the same residency for an additional fee
The residency provides access to technical equipment:
There are 2 projectors, a sound recorder, keyboard, microphone, sound mixer, sound systems, access to theater lights, cameras, a online/tech media lab with editing software as well as other technical equipment. (please inquire for details)
We accept applications on a rolling basis. Please download and send the above expression of interest form, a CV, and foto of you or your work to : email@example.com
Applications accepted on a rolling basis, for more information and/or photos please write to us!